What a Treat!

Wow! Did we have fun last night. Even feeling like crap didn't dampen the mood too much!

Leda was so excited to have 'visitors' last night that when Caitlyn and Paige (tag-team babysitting!) arrived, Leda completely forgot Brock and I were still in the house...I swear she would have practically pushed us out the door if she could have! What a change from the last time...and all times prior to that. Usually there is lots of crying and screaming, "I want to go with you!" as we are walking out the door! My, how times have changed!

So we headed off to our night out, but not before we realized, about a mile from the house (thank goodness!) that we forgot the concert tickets! So a quick back to the house and then we were on our way. First, dinner at Plush, which was as good as it ever is. Was nice and relaxing, well, except for the first couple of minutes, which were the last couple of seconds of the Penn State game, in which they lost. That was a bummer. Other than that, dinner was awesome.

Then, over to the Keswick for the concert. Alro was joined by his son Abe on keyboards and a drummer, guitarist and bass player. After his first song, he brought out a special guest...turns out to be David Bromberg! And apparently, this was a last minute thing, but boy, it didn't sound that way!

Wow, it was great. Arlo brought out The Burn Sisters who he explained had joined him on his benefit for the victims of Katrina and he enjoyed them so much, that he told them they had to tour with him! So there were lots of musicians on the stage and boy, did it sound awesome.

Every time we have seen Arlo, it's been different. This was our fourth time seeing him, and it never gets old! He played some new songs and some old songs, and some of his father's songs and some songs by Lead Belly and Ramblin' Jack Elliot. It was so good.

We've seen Arlo play with his family and we've seen him play with other musicians and we've seen him play alone. This was the most musician's he has had on stage with him and it was so well done. It was rocking and moving and funny and somber. It was really great. And Arlo told his stories. And that was awesome. He didn't do Alice's Restaurant, but that's more than okay! We'd heard him do it twice (at the last two concerts of his that we attended) and that was good enough for me! Besides, as he said last night, that's why he put it on an album! And, it would take up a good portion of the concert, therefore he would not be able to play as many other songs.

And, he ended the night with My Peace, probably now one of my all time favorite songs...

My peace my peace is all I’ve got that I can give to you
My peace is all I ever had that’s all I ever knew
I give my peace to green and black and red and white and blue
My peace my peace is all I’ve got that I can give to you

My peace, my peace is all I’ve got and all I've ever known
My peace is worth a thousand times more than anything I own
I pass my peace around and about ‘cross hands of every hue;
I guess my peace is justa ‘bout all I’ve got to give to you

(words by Woody Guthrie, music by Arlo Guthrie)

We had a great night. I kinda wish I didn't have a cold, it would have been that much more enjoyable! I highly recommend catching an Arlo concert! It's well worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!