Ikea doesn't want Leda in a Big Girl Bed

I know that there are people out there that think we are crazy thinking of moving Leda to a big girl bed when she seems perfectly happy to stay in a crib. Well, apparently Ikea also believes this!

We got the new catalog last week and I quickly looked up the Kura bed that I linked to a few posts ago (I can only link to the post, not the picture of the bed because it is gone from the website now!). They have a new color - dark blue. I'm excited, so I figure I will call the store and find out if they have it in yet.

The store doesn't have it in stock and has no idea when they will receive it.

So, we figured, what the heck, let's order the bed via the phone sales number and go to the store to pick up the mattress and the canopy, since we know they have them.

Nope, the phone sales lady tells me that the bed is an item that is not available via the web or phone sales, must go to the store to get it. I tell her my store doesn't have it and hasn't a clue when it's coming in.

She transfers me to someone who is supposed to tell me when the store might have it. She tells me that the other store in the area (twice as far away as the one we usually go to) has some in stock. Turns out, it's the old version with light blue sides.

I don't like the light blue as much as I like the dark blue (now that they are supposed to have dark blue) so I ask her if they have any dark blue. Nope, they don't. I ask when the dark blue will be delivered to either store in the area and she says no clue!

I find it very hard to accept that the new catalog comes out with a product in it that I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANYWHERE!!!!

Why bother putting it in the catalog?

Apparently it is a popular bed. So, we are going to wait another month to see if the store gets the darn thing in. One more month of crib for Leda.

I hope Ikea is happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!