My favorite Beatle

John Lennon...Silenced 25 years ago today. Imagine what could have been.

I remember waking up on the 9th, I had a clock radio in my room at the time. I really had just discovered rock-n-roll a year or two previous (I was 12). I loved the Rolling Stones (one of my best girlfriends at the time was a big Stones fan) and I had just received the Double Fantasy album that year (I think for my birthday, that Stones fan, Suellen, got it for me). It was the first thing I heard that morning. I don't remember how I felt...I do remember hearing it, I can even remember how my room looked that day...one of those distinct memories...but I don't remember how I felt.

I know now. I would like to know what the world would be like if John Lennon was still in it.

Imagine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better