Memories...

I had a flashback this morning (and no, it didn't have anything to do with drugs).

I was on the way into work and the radio played Piano Man (Billy Joel)...I haven't heard that song in a long time. For some reason, it triggered a REALLY OLD memory.

When I was in 6th grade, I attended a middle school that was attached to a high school (J.R. Fugett in West Chester). In the middle of the two buildings was the Auditorium. This is where the Talent Show was held....

I only attended one year at this school...the following summer, while I was at girl scout camp, my mother moved us from West Chester to Fraser. Why my mother insisted on moving when I went away, I am unsure...at least I knew about it (she also moved, out of state, the week I left for College!)

I participated in the Talent show. I vaguely remember being in a chorus of girls who danced to A Chorus Line's "One." For some reason, I remember a top hat. I don't remember if we sang or anything else, just the hat. Weird, huh?

What I remembered this morning was the Piano Man piece that I think the 7th or 8th graders did. I am pretty sure I wasn't in the piece...I see it vividly from stage right. One of the older girls sang the song and they really tried to bring the song to life.

It's one of those memories you have that feels so real, you almost believe you are experiencing it again....like you are actually transported back in time to participate in your own memory. It's almost a surreal feeling.

I can't remember much of anything that happened in that school, except for this memory of the Talent Show. Oh, and making those ugly stuffed animals in home ec class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

June will be better