New appreciation for Single Parents

I've spent the past 48 hours as a single parent of a 6 month old and I just don't know how single parents of infants do it all the time. It's hard work! I mean, usually the longest either one of us left alone with Leda is about 8-9 hours. I'm alone with the little monster until this evening and I am exhausted!

But, we've been having fun!

After a not so easy night on Friday - Leda had a bit of a messy diaper around midnight, which found her crying on and off for about a half hour after I changed it. Then, she decided at 6:30AM that I had had plenty of sleep for the night! Anyway, after an easy morning - all we did was vaccum the living room, well, and play - we had lunch and headed off for the Valley Forge Park for a little walk with the dog. After a false start (I packed EVERYTHING BUT the dog leash and didn't realize it until half way there! duh!) we finally got to the park and we had a good walk. At least we tired out the dog!

Only problem yesterday afternoon...I forgot to work in an afternoon nap - well, Leda slept for 2 hours between 12 and 2 - I actually woke her up at 2 so she wouldn't get too off schedule. We didn't get back from the park until 5 and she was going to have dinner around 5:30-6pm! So, we didn't get a nap. Which wasn't too bad, except Mommy really needed that nap! ;-) She did have a quick cat nap in the car when I went off to get a sub for dinner!

We had our bath and we got ready for bed, and we had our bottle, and we got into the crib, and we sorta fussed, then we kinda talked to ourselves, and within 10 minutes, we were asleep! The dog and I sigh! ;-)

We got to sleep until 4:45AM. Leda cried out in her sleep and I had to go "put the plug in!" (the pacifer) She eventually went back to sleep around 5:15 (I think) and I didn't hear her again until a little after 6, when she was talking to herself and playing quietly...I got up at 7 and we started our day! So far, that's consisted of talking to Daddy and playing. We are thinking of going off to the Mall later this afternoon...we'll see how our nap schedule goes. Our estate sale fell through - so we are on our own again!

Hopefully we will have a good day. Leda is, at the moment, yelling at me because I am on the computer, so, See Ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!