6 Months!

Leda at 6 months!

Today Leda is 6 months old! Unbelievable! I can't believe I am the mother of a 6 month old! (Most of the time, I can't believe I am a mother! So this is big! ;-)

Let's see, in 6 months, we have started sleeping through the night (well, geez, that got accomplished before she was 2 months!), we've grown FOUR teeth (FOUR!!), we've been eating solids for two months, we've ALMOST started crawling (we are HOURS away from chasing the kid!), we've smiled and laughed EVERY day, and we have brought more joy to Mommy and Daddy's lives than any two people are allowed to have in one lifetime!

Leda's absolutely, hands-down, the BEST KID ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH! And, no, we are not bias! ;-)

The past week we've had a few interruptions in the middle of the night (nothing longer than a handful of minutes, but Mommy's gotta get up and come see what's the matter) and we think that's because of teething (darned teeth - if they weren't so important, we'd just skip this part!) But that doesn't keep Leda from being happy in the morning!
Leda at 6 months!Leda at 6 months - Awaiting Breakfast!

I wish I could write something beautiful and meaningful, and it's not because Leda isn't all of that and more, but every time I try to come up with something, all I can think of is JOY. That's what she is - pure JOY. She's so easy to take care of, she makes dining out so easy. She smiles at us and we melt. She giggles and my heart wants to burst from my chest.

Saturday night, we visited with our neighbors - they were having some people (and a load of kids!) over for a little party for Connor who's birthday was yesterday. Leda was a little overwhelmed at the people and kids, but she was doing pretty good. She hadn't seen Lorraine (our neighbor's friend) in several months, and when Lorraine started talking too her, Leda got scared or something. She clung to me like she wanted to be part of me. She got a little weepy, but then started smiling at Lorraine, but she wouldn't let go of me for her life! This was the first time in 6 months that she really showed any need to have me close - she's always wanting to go, go, go. I practically melted onto the floor. I was blown away by the need to protect her, even though I knew there was nothing that I needed to protect her from at that moment, but I closed my arms around her tight and she calmed down. It was amazing.

Over the past 6 months, we've noticed that she's definitely aware of who we are and that we are her world (and that includes Duff, whom she just ADORES, although he keeps about two feet distance between her and him at all times!) It's amazing to see her discover the world around her, and that world gets a little bigger every day, as does she!

We have our 6 month visit on Thursday, so we'll find out how much we weigh and how long we are - we figure we are almost 20 pounds, and we definitely have grown height-wise. So we will do an update later in the week. We also get shots on Thursday, which we hate! Bluck!

In the meantime, we have a very happy baby. We (Brock and I) have realized, even if we were thinking of having another child, we couldn't, because we have the perfect child! Besides, we'd definitely have to pay for such ease! ;-)

Happy birthday, Leda. WE LOVE YOU!
Leda at 6 months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!