Blog Revisited

I've decided to publish my blog as a book (or series of books) for Leda to read when she is a little older. So I spent some time on Friday night 'slurping' my blog with Blurb and reviewing the first couple of months of posts.

The idea to publish the blog has been rolling around in this head of mine for awhile. I think Brock and I saw something on the news about it or something in the past couple of months. And then I registered Leda for Kindergarten last week and they handed me a questionnaire to fill out and return when Leda goes back for her testing for placement. Some of the questions asked when she first spoke, first walked, etc. I thought to myself, I'm going to have to go back and read through my blog to find out these things!

This is the only 'baby' book I really kept on Leda - except for the first few months when I actually did fill out the baby book I got for my shower! This was easier - I could put it down in my own words and share it with family and friends.

I got nostalgic for the blog. I realized there are many months missing from our lives with Leda since I basically stopped posting last summer. She's changed so much in such a short little while and I hope I can remember without written documentation!

I think Facebook and Twitter have made me lazy - I only have a few characters or must make my status short. I can't describe things the way I can in a blog post. So I am thinking that it is time to revisit the blog. Start writing again. Besides, if I do say so myself (and considering I am the only one person reading this anyway!), I think I am pretty witty once in awhile! ;-)

So, here's to picking up not exactly where I left off. We'll see where it takes us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better