Artist-In-Residence

Leda has been very prolific artist the past year or so. It used to be that when she wanted something drawn on paper, or made with play doh, she made Brock and I do it - she would tell us what to draw, and we would draw it.

But since she started preschool last year, she's produced an abundance of art work. And not just what they make at school, she has used at least a ream of paper from my office to create her drawings or paintings.

There is not enough space on our refrigerator or on the walls of the kitchen or my office door or her bedroom door for all the artwork. And these include pages that she has ripped out of coloring books and colored. She has even made drawings for her friends and loves stuffing them in envelopes and asking us to put a stamp on it and mail it!

She is very creative. She has made drawings that describe everything she's done in a day - almost like story boards or comic books. I have kept just about everything she's drawn - I just don't have the space for it! But I can't get rid of it. It's something my child has made!

When she becomes famous for her art work, she can put all this early work on eBay and make TONS of money to take care of me with in my old age! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better