Holiday Let Down

I always hate to see the holidays go. I almost wish we could celebrate into the end of January. That's right, TWO full months of holiday celebrations! Seriously, why would that be a bad thing?
;-)

I am sad to see the holidays go this year, but am taking a big sigh of relief that they are! I feel like this year, the holidays have kicked my you-know-what. Christmas was a whirlwind! So busy, in fact, that I didn't take one freakin' picture. Not one! We took a few on Christmas Eve, but the only pictures I took during the opening of the gifts this year was a video of Leda opening her gifts from Santa (who, as usual, went WAY over board). The video is 11 minutes plus long, so I won't be posting it here. You can click here if you want to go watch it!

Oh, and there's Leda coming down stairs and seeing everything for the first time and the story behind the crib.

And Leda and I on Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve, 2008

Leda totally enjoyed her Christmas. Every present she opened was "just what I always wanted!" as if we have been depriving her of everything since she was born! I also think we spent our last year of a prolonged present opening (took us 2 hours and we had to force Leda to open some stuff...she kept wanting to play with the stuff she had just opened! Oh, and then there was the making sure that every piece of tape and wrapping paper was completely removed from the item she just opened. To the point of obsession!) I think that next year, she'll rip through everything in no time flat. I hope not, because I really like that she seems to savor opening gifts...I always like to see how long I can take to open my gifts...it makes Christmas morning last longer!

We spent time with family and friends over the Christmas weekend. Dinner at my cousins on Friday night. An open house party at the home of an old friend I've become reacquainted with via Facebook. And an awesome THUMPING of Dallas by the Eagles game celebrated at the home of good friends on Sunday. And just like that, my football season was extended one more week!

Oh, and we saw Paige's new pony!
Visiting Paige's Pony

The next several days were full of work and cleaning. Prepping for the onslaught of friends and family for the 10th annual New Year's Eve party. Which turned out to be one awesome evening. We had so much fun and our Indian-giver Pollyanna gift exchange was probably the best one ever in the 7 or 8 years we've been doing it. All had a great time. And Leda stayed strong until 2:00-2:30 am. And woke up by 8:30! The kid has GOT to get a better internal clock...like one that is broken and makes her sleep until NOON when her parents didn't go to bed until 3:30 am! The rest of the New Years weekend was spent recovering from a hangover, monitoring work for support calls and resting. Lots of resting! Oh, and a nail-biter of a game where my Eagles defeated the Vikings and have extended my football season yet one more week! Bring on the Giants, baby!

I'm trying to figure out what I will be doing with this blog to at least make it a bit interesting. I've been looking at it for the past week or so and I'm just so bored with it. I'm thinking of trying one of these 365 projects...taking a picture a day....and posting them to the blog, rather than every post being a rehash of things we have done (unless something we have done is actually interesting! ha!). It may take me a few days, might take a few odd posts here and there. But bear with me and I'll figure it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better