Need Sleep!

The past two weeks have seen me up past my bed time too many times! Phillies and Presidency have me low on sleep! Turns out, the Eagles will probably have me up late on Sunday for the Sunday Night game. Geez! Will I ever sleep again?

Yes, I stayed up late last night. Watched until the bitter end (12:45am, when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer). I watched history....no, I participated in history last night. And, putting aside who won and who lost, I am so proud of this country. You came out and voted! Highest percentage of eligible voters to vote since 1908! That right there is amazing! Because, if we are going to be a democracy, you gotta vote...you gotta make your voice heard.

And I'm totally impressed with the college-age voting block! In our area, they more than doubled their turn out! That is awesome!

I've found myself emotional throughout today, especially when I think of Martin Luther King Jr. and his words and his works and how far this country has come since I was born - since well before! How last night we came so much closer to the dream that we ARE all equal and we could all achieve the highest achievement with hope and hard work. And that makes me swell with pride for this country.

And - no more campaign ads! Wooo Hooo!

Tonight, I'm gonna pack myself into bed early, maybe read a book, definitely go to sleep early and turn my attention to the most important competition in this country...Dancing With The Stars! Go Warren, Go Lance! Woo Hoo! (but no, I haven't been voting - only in my heart. I know, I'm such a bad example!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better