Ahead of the Game...

I am. I am so far ahead of the game, I'm practically planning for Christmas 2009.

Well, okay, I'm not that good! But I went shopping today for Christmas Cards and I think I have half of Leda's stocking purchased! And then some! I'm so proud of myself.

And I didn't forget the Christmas Cards. In fact, I've already purchased a certain person's birthday cards (and she should remember this for when she gets the cards the first week of January (two weeks AFTER said birthday) because I purchased them A MONTH A HEAD OF TIME and will forget where I put them. Seriously!)

Oh, and yes, I shopped at Target! Well, and A.C. Moore. I promised Leda some crafts that she and I would do this weekend. Mostly it's me doing the crafts, because there is glue involved. But she helped. And we planted a spruce tree and some alyssum flowers ("carpet of snow") - we planted the seeds in small little pots and we'll watch them grow over the next couple of weeks. And if they do grow, we'll re-pot them and Leda can take care of them. It will give her a project for the winter!

Anyway, I went shopping at Target. Le Target! Why do I shop there and not Walmart or any mom-pop stores? Well, first, I love Target. LOVE Target. I'm addicted to Target. Don't know why, I just do. I'm not a big fan of KMart...I will shop there in a pinch, but I'm just not a big fan...I think Target's stuff is better quality and for around the same price, most of the time. The kids clothes are good quality and cheap!

I do shop the smaller stores, it just depends on what I am looking for and what I will pay. My favorite little shop downtown is Charmed Spirit. I've made friends with the owner and I do like shopping there. However, it is very specialty...upscale gifts and Trollbeads (thus the reason I shop there!) I love Earthmart, an 'organic' shop downtown, and I have purchased from there, but the prices are a bit expensive, so it's a treat to shop there, rather than a way of life. I love our Cheese shop downtown, but again, a treat to shop there....special occasions.

I don't like Walmart. I don't know why, I just don't. That's not to say I haven't purchased from Walmart, I have. But if I have a choice, I'd shop at Target.

I'm not a huge shopper. I only really shop when I need to or when there is something I want. I don't like going to malls or to even Target during the holiday season (I don't do malls anytime unless there is something specific I really need or want...I worked at malls for years and have had my fill of malls! I make it to the mall maybe once or twice a year) because I can't stand holiday shoppers. (Another thing I got from working for years in retail!)

So, where do you like to shop? Why? And who is ready for the Holiday season?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better