Old Pictures

One of my high school friends posted an old class picture from (gulp!) 1980 or 1981 (when the heck was I in 7th grade??) on Facebook (what an evil, evil invention, Facebook, that is, not pictures) (well, maybe pictures too!) and I got to searching for old pictures.

Haven't a clue where most of them are as I was never really good about putting them in places I could get to them easily, like, say in an album that sits on a shelf? Nope, I used to store them in shoe boxes. Yep, if I ever want to remember what fashionable shoe I was wearing during Jr. High or High School, I just have to find my old pictures! (For that matter, every corsage I had from major dances in highschool are also stuffed into shoe boxes, stored in my hope chest...Do you know how hard it is for me to throw out a shoe box? Oh, therapy is usually involved!)

And as I get older, I tend to forget where I put things. Especially now that I have lots of nooks and cranny's of the house to hide things!

Well, it turns out (as Brock points out), we at one point in our early lives in this house had the resourcefulness to shove all the pictures we could find into a big plastic box. At least one that I was able to get to easily this evening! So I'm digging through that box and I found some negatives of pictures I KNOW I have around here somewhere. Graduation pictures and Prom pictures. Oh, I am sure there is a band trip or two in there too. So guess what I will be doing this weekend when I have some time. That's right, tracking down them old pictures and scanning them in and posting them to Facebook! Payback is a bitch! ;-)

But that's not really what I meant to post about. No, I got to thinking about how much pictures are a daily occurrence for us today (and by us, I mean everyone). With digital cameras, it's so easy to have a picture taken of something or someone every single day. And not just special events, but just everyday ordinary things.

I mean, pictures back when I was in jr. high and high school were taken on special occasions - Prom, Graduation, Band Trips, Football games, Homecoming. Any everyday type pictures that were taken were taking by the Yearbook staff or by the kids who put together the newspaper. And that was probably because they could develop the pictures on their own! It was expensive to take pictures to be developed. And time consuming...I mean, it used to take A WEEK or more to get pictures! Remember that? Wow, can you imagine??

It was just something I thought about when I thought about finding my old pictures. I know where just about every picture I have taken in the past 5 or so years, on my computer...they are all digital. Prior to that, they are hidden somewhere in this house in an old shoe box! And no, they were not Manolo Blahniks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better