The Kid is Fine, The Cat May Not Make it

Leda has been waking up pretty much no later than 6:30 ever since we gave up the binky. So, I shouldn't be too surprised that I was up at 6:30 every morning this week.

I was, however, hoping against hope I might get to sleep until maybe 7 or 7:30 this morning, being that it is a weekend. It is Saturday. Who has anything to do early on Saturday morning??

Probably because my body is used to it, I woke up around 6:25 this morning. I thought maybe that Leda had actually woke me up so I sat there and listened for a few minutes. Feeling safe that the kid was still asleep, I rolled over and snuggled down with the dog for what I was hoping was another hour of sleep.

Then, just as I was about to fall back to sleep, the cat erupted in song.

Right outside the kid's room.

Loudly.

What good is a dog who sleeps through that? Seriously, isn't it a dog's job to go kill the cat if the cat wakes up THE ENTIRE HOUSE JUST SO SHE CAN GET HER BREAKFAST AT 6:30AM???

Yes, I did get up and give the cat a swift pat on the rump. No, I didn't do it hard enough to even hurt, so don't call the SPCA on me.

But the damage was done. Two minutes later, the kid, she was wide awake.

I think the cat may be down to one or two more lives left. And if she decides to wake us up tomorrow morning before I'm darn good and ready to get out of bed, the cat, she may be no longer! (and, don't call the SPCA on me, I am only kidding.)

Geez!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better