Donuts

Last week, when I had to leave very early in the morning to keep my appointment for my mammogram, I had looked in on Leda before I was leaving and found her wide awake. She asked me where I was going and I told her the doctor's and she became very upset that she couldn't go too.

I told her she'd laugh about this when it became her time to go get a mammogram...about how hysterical she got when she was told she couldn't come with Mommy to the doctor. She was beside herself with grief that I was leaving her home with her Daddy. It was a real scene.

Anyway, on my way home from the appointment, I stopped at Wawa for some coffee and decided that it would be nice to bring home a donut or two for Brock and Leda (well, I couldn't very well go home with just a donut for me!)

So when I got home, Leda was so excited to see me. I told her I got her a special treat and she was so excited to find a donut (with sprinkles!) just for her.

This morning, I had a dentist appointment. So off I went to my dentist appointment (no hysterics from the child this morning, however. She hasn't even visited the dentist yet but must somehow know it isn't a place she really wants to go!) I came home from my appointment directly. I figured since I was only two minutes from home, I could wait until I got home for coffee.

When I arrived home, Leda greeted me with gusto! She seemed genuinely happy to see me. She said hello and then asked, "did you bring me a donut?" When I told her no, she seemed quite disappointed and went back to watching her show. Brock and I thought it was a bit cute.

Tonight I ran out after dinner to pick up Leda's portraits and grab a book or two for my flights to and from Savannah this weekend. I came home and Leda was just getting into bed. She greeted me and then asked, "did you get some donuts?" Again, disappointed I didn't get any donuts.

Anyway, I am starting to think that Leda thinks that when I leave the house alone that I should return with donuts. Poor kid! She's gonna have to learn to live with disappointment! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!