Good Fortune

Leda and I are having a girls weekend since Brock is off doing One Lap stuff this weekend.

So I picked her up after work and we headed over to the local Chinese place (in the local supermarket...it's quite good) and we ordered ourselves a little Chinese dinner. Then off to home to eat what Leda described as "Yum, DELICIOUS!" several times during dinner. She said something about Mommy making the best dinners, too, I do believe! ;-)

After dinner she got to have some ice cream since she was so good for me at the store and she ate a really good dinner and we settled down to watch a little Emeril Live - it was an old one from a year or so ago with Jimmy Buffett. Leda and I danced to the music together and had a genuinely awesome time, just us girls.

Just before bed, I let her have her fortune cookie (yeah, yeah, sugar, smuger!) She opened her cookie and of course started shoving it in her mouth while I read her fortune - "You will be successful in everything." What more could a parent want for their child's fortune? Well, I could think of a few other things, but this one is pretty darn good!

I opened my cookie and got my fortune - "You love peace." We hit the jackpot on good fortune tonight, my girl and I!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!