Fears

I have a fear of heights. I have a fear of spiders (well, not so much a fear as I just can't stand them, won't have anything to do with them, and please, don't tell me that they are important to the ecosystem, blah, blah, blah...) I have a fear of being inappropriately exposed to the public at large, either by accident or on purpose (not that I would do that on purpose, but in case I would, I have a fear of it!) I fear that I will never look like the models in the Victoria Secret catalog. Ever.

All these fears pale in comparison to my worst fear imaginable, that something, anything, terrible could happen to my child. And although I don't dwell on it, it is something that I feel on occasion and hope never to have to realize.

There are several blogs I visit on a regular basis. I learned of Emily's blog about two years ago from another blog I visit regularly...I read the most hilarious post and have been back on a regular basis since. This week, Emily posted about good friends of hers who are living a parent's worst fear...their 16-month-old little girl, Emily, has been diagnosed with a rare cancerous tumor.

Every day I have with Leda makes me realize how precious she is to me. And when I hear of things like this, it makes me count my blessings. My thoughts and prayers go out to this family and this little girl and I hope she can beat the awful hand she's been dealt. I ask that anyone reading this also sends out a few good thoughts and prayers for this little girl, and, if you are so inclined, there are a few funds set up to raise donations for little Emily. You can find out more at Emily's blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!