The Hills are Alive...

I don't remember seeing the Sound of Music all the way through (if at all) when I was a kid. I think the first time I saw it I was in my 20s. Maybe 30s.

Around Christmas time (?) it was playing and we let Leda stay up to watch some of it. I am pretty sure she didn't get to watch it all. She sorta seemed interested in it.

It was on again last night at 7. Leda really seemed entranced by it this time. Very disappointed when the commercials broke in! "Where's the movie?" she would ask.

She only got to see the first hour as she was a pretty tired little girl and we have a big night tonight (the annual Easter Egg Hunt and Dinner at the Shiers). But I watched the rest of the evening.

And no matter how many times I have seen it, I always watch the whole thing like it's the first time I've ever seen it. Not sure if it is the music, the story or Julie Andrews, but I love it. Every time.

Last night got me to thinking, the way that Leda was so interested in the movie, that it might be time to show her Mary Poppins. My most favorite movie of all time. The one I can't even think of without getting teary eyed. Wonder what Leda will do when I start balling during the finale, "Let's Go Fly a Kite." See, I'm welling up right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!