Baby Clothes, Dresses and Dress-up

This was a busy weekend for us - with some downtime in between!

I had a jewelry party on Friday night. I'm not usually one for those types of parties - the ones like basket parties and candle parties - I usually go but I don't usually buy and I usually don't offer to host one either. I just don't get excited about baskets and candles that way. I do, however, like jewelry - and inexpensive nice looking jewelry really works for me! So I hosted a party on Friday night.

So Brock took Leda over to the Durhams to hang with Paige and John and the ladies all came over and we chatted and had some wine and bought some jewelry!

Leda had a blast playing with Paige, as usual. She always wants to "do it again!" So, we invited the Durhams over for dinner on Saturday night as well as Karen and her niece Sydney. So Leda entertained the two little girls in her room as the adults had a nice dinner and good adult conversation.

We had gotten out Leda's dress-up box this past week as she is showing interest in dressing up now. Aunt Joan had gotten her a lot of stuff to dress up with for Christmas. So the girls had a great time dressing up in the clothes and pretending to be fairy princesses.

Leda dresses up

On Sunday, Brock and I got all Leda's old baby clothes down from the attic and washed and sorted so that we could give them away to another couple we know who is having a baby girl in the next month or so. Brock is very excited that FINALLY someone is having a girl and we can pass on the BILLIONS of boxes of clothes we have stored away in the attic. So, that's what we did. We got to see all the little clothes that one day, 2 and a half years ago, our daughter used to fit into. It's amazing!

We also brought down a box of clothes that will fit Leda this weekend. This box holds LOTS of dresses. Something that Leda has shunned in the past. I mean, trying to get this kid to put on a dress is horrendously hard. We usually have to offer something to her to get her in a dress. Well, she saw all the dresses and demanded that she get to try them on. She ended up spending the rest of the day wearing a sun dress. Luckily we weren't going anywhere at all!

Leda wears a Dress (and Daddy's shoes!)

Leda made a special request of us on Sunday morning. As sweet as you please, the kid had me pick her up and she looked me in the eye and said, "Mommy, I want a little baby sister, please?" And she begged for a little baby sister for the next five minutes. And let me now assure you all that she was promptly denied! But it was cute, and it was awful hard to say no. (HA! Yes, a little hard to say no, I mean she was pretty serious about it, and she did say please, but no, not awful hard!)

And all this on one less hour! I hate daylight savings time. But all in all, it was a pretty awesome weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!