Child of the 80s

And, darn it, I'm proud of it!

Okay, so I would have been more than happy to have been a child of the 60s or a child of the 70s. When music was awesome (okay, except maybe for disco.)

But not all the music of the 80s was bad. Yes, most of it wasn't groundbreaking and it probably won't live as long as music from the 60s and 70s, but, it had a good beat and you could dance to it. Oh, who the heck am I kidding....look it's what I spent my teenage years growing up with. You make do with what you have! Hey, at least when we had MTV, it actually showed nothing but videos!

Yes, I am leading up to something. Something I am about to cop to. And I probably won't be able to live down.

I've been seeing promos for this Eli Stone show that is going to be on ABC (after the premiere of LOST - by the way, no one call me next Thurs night, I won't be answering the phone!). I wasn't sure if I was interested in watching the show, but the music made me stop and listen/watch every time the darn promo came on.

See, apparently the show is about a lawyer type who all of a sudden starts hearing and seeing George Michael singing everywhere. No one else can see or hear it, only this guy. Weird premise, so wasn't sure I was all that interested. Then, I found out that George Michael is going to appear in the show and each episode will be named after a song of his.

Yes, I like George Michael. Oh, and yes, it goes as far back as Wham! I know, sad, it really is. Oh, and yes, I think he's hot. Still. Oh baby! (Yes, I know, I know - pathetic! Can I redeem myself by admitting I had no interest whatsoever in Andrew Ridgeley? So not hot.)

I used to tape albums to cassette when I worked at the college radio station (I was in college and had no money to buy music.) I taped Faith and my roommates and I used to jam out to it all the time in our apartment! Oh, and we sang Faith out as loud as we could, not to mention a few of the other songs on that album! They were fun dance songs that allowed for release of pent up frustration in a good way during finals, during stressful weeks of classes, fights with boyfriends, etc.!

But who listens to cassettes anymore? So, I had to....I downloaded Faith to my iPod and I am sitting here typing this blog while jamming out to Faith! I've been transported back to 87-88! I'm 19 again! (I hear you all snickering out there!) Seriously, I am having some serious flashbacks to this music. Wow!

So, there you have it. I have admitted to liking George Michael and 80s music. Let the teasing begin! (Just remember, I know a lot of you from the 80s! And I have the pictures to prove it - and a scanner!) ;-)

Next week, I admit my love for Loverboy. Oh yeah, Workin' for the Weekend, baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!