Resolutions

(This posting every day is HARD! I'm beat! Technically, two posts left to go, tonight and tomorrow. Then I'm taking a break for the weekend! And maybe several days next week! ;-)

I'm digging into Todd's suggested topics for tonight's post. New Years' resolutions.

I used to resolve to quit smoking every year for the somewhere around 20 years I smoked. Every.Stinking.Year. It took some time, but I did finally quit in 2004. As 2005 was about to start, it was the first year I decided I wasn't going to make any resolutions because I had finally accomplished the one that had been dogging me for years.

I didn't make one last year either. I think I had decided that I needed another year of no resolutions.

This year, I'm thinking of resolving to lose some weight and/or get an exercise program going. I think if I try to put an exercise program together for myself, I will start to lose some of the extra weight I would like to get rid of. That's really the only one I can come up with at this point.

It's a big one. I was starting to get myself into some shape after I had quit smoking, but I found myself pregnant and the exercising went by the wayside. I noticed in a short period of time how much better my body felt (a lot of that had to do with being three or four months out from no smoking). I'd like that again, I just have to make the time to do it!

So that's pretty much it. I resolve to make time to exercise in the new year. Oh, and I am going to try and pick up the guitar again.

And now that I have pledged my resolve to the Internets, maybe it won't take me 20 some years to make this resolution come true! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!