Made Me Cry

Might make a few of the rest of you cry too....

I was in my office, typing up tonight's post (which this is not - well, it is now, but it wasn't the post I originally was going to post) and Leda walked in and said to me, "Mommy, Daddy's Mommy is dead." I asked her to repeat, because I wasn't sure I heard her correctly. Brock was standing right behind her and he wasn't sure he heard her correctly either. She repeated it and I said, "Yes, honey, Daddy's Mommy is dead," to which she replied, "I can't go see her." That was about the time I started to get teary eyed.

Leda walked off merrily and I looked at Brock and asked him where the heck that came from. Apparently today in the car as they were off to do errands, Leda asked Brock where his Mommy was. He tried to skirt the issue, but decided it was better to just tell her, so he did.

It was cute and sad at the same time. She's becoming so much more aware of her surroundings and it's just amazing (and heartbreaking at the same time).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!