Blue and Gold sucks! Red all the way!

As you have probably noticed, I've been very quiet about my football team this season - I mean, really, there hasn't been much to talk about.

Last week was awesome, except for the Blue and Gold jerseys - eeeeewwwww! They was ugly! I guess since it was "throwback" day (the day your football team wears old jerseys just to freak you out) and it's the Eagle's 75th anniversary, they decided to wear the first jersey's the team ever wore. Thank goodness some one way back when decided to change the colors to green and silver because that blue and gold sucked! But the team played well. I said to Brock, they lose next week, there will be calls for them to wear these ugly jersey's for the rest of the season.

Well, we lost last night. And we lost bad - to the Giants of all teams. Pitiful, it was. Disgusting. If they continue to play like they did last night, we might as well start thinking about next season.

Well, that's enough about that.

Now, we do have SOMETHING to cheer here in Philly - the Phillies! Wow, what an amazing couple of weeks it has been! Who would have thought that the Mets would have such a complete meltdown going into the end of the season? And that our team would capitalize on it! Wow!

I'm not much of a baseball fan. It's okay - I'd much rather see a baseball game in person than watch one on TV. And, I really don't pay much attention until the playoffs. Yes, I tend to be a bandwagon fan - well, not entirely true, I do root for the Phillies, I just don't watch all the games throughout the season, so not EXACTLY a bandwagon fan - I've usually got one foot on the wagon throughout the season.

Anyway, this is a happy town today. Big rally downtown and parades and all! It's been quite a long time since the Phillies have made the playoffs! So the town is pretty excited. So at least there is something to cheer about - it's just not football!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!