We had a Big&Rich time!

Yesterday was a busy day. Early in the day, we all headed over to my cousin Tommy's son's 4th birthday! Michael had a bouncy Castle with slide and a water slide for his birthday. Leda only went down the water slide once - she was a little shocked by the cold pool of water at the bottom! She liked the bouncy castle better! Oh, and the cake!

A surprise for us, my Uncle Tommy and Aunt Tish were in town from Florida, so we got to spend a little time talking with them. Since they don't have anything better to do this evening, they are coming over for dinner!

We came home and all took naps and then around 5 we left Leda with Caitlyn (the babysitter) and headed to Bethlehem, PA, to see Big&Rich at Musikfest.

Three years ago, when we were down the beach that July, we had CMT on and I saw Big&Rich's Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy video. I liked the music a lot, so I bought the CD. That was it, I loved them! Leda listened to that CD a lot when I was pregnant! I've always wanted to go see them in concert, and I finally found out when they were coming to town and we figured, let's go!

I've never been to Bethlehem - didn't know anything about Musikfest, but turns out, it's a pretty darn big deal! They shut down Main street for like a week and have music everywhere all over town. RiverPlace is the big concert place, seating about 6,500 and they had Joe Walsh, Meatloaf, Patti LaBelle, The Moody Blues, and other's playing as headliners this week. I would have loved to see Meatloaf, but that was a Monday, so we decided against it.

Anyway, it was like a fair ALL over the city. Food booths, beer and wine booths, booths where you can buy fun stuff, all over the place. And music, everywhere. It was a little overwhelming as I wasn't quite expecting the crowds of people! Next year we will be better prepared!

We walked around (mostly looking for the concert area - we had no idea where we were!) and had a drink and some food and then we found the RiverPlace and found our seats and at 8:30, the concert started with Cowboy Troy who, I have to say, is making me like rap music all over again (I used to love it way back when, before it got weird and nasty!). He was pretty awesome. Then, the boys hit the stage!

What a great concert. Big&Rich really know how to rock it out! I like these guys because the do country rock really well and they do what they call "music without prejudice" - basically, doesn't matter who you are, what color you are, what religion you are, etc., we all love music and we all should be able to enjoy it regardless!

After the first few songs, they introduced themselves and then did something I don't think I have ever seen happen at a concert - they had the audience introduce themselves to one another. Basically, turn to your left and turn to you right and introduce yourself to someone you don't know. It was pretty darn cool!

They were pretty awesome! I will SO be going to see them again when they come back to town. They came back out for one encore and did my favorite song, Rollin' - pretty darn cool! This song has a rap done by Cowboy Troy at the end, so he came out and sang with them. And, half way through the song, they broke out into a few verses of Fat-Bottom Girls, which was pretty great!

I had an awesome time - Brock did to, even though it's not exactly his cup of tea! However, he does get to listen to it a lot when we travel! ;-) I can't wait to see them again! And, I absolutely recommend Big&Rich! What a rockin' good time! Awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better