Book Recommendation

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

Not as good as The Kite Runner by the same author, but very good! Different, as this is more about women living in Afganistan and their relationships with one another and having to live in a world that is just incomprehesible to me. It was moving.

I highly recommend it, as I do The Kite Runner. I do think I liked The Kite Runner better, but this was a great book and I did like it a lot. Any book that can make me cry is always a really good book, in my opinion.

I also read The Quickie this past week, the latest by James Patterson, one of my favorite authors. It was good, but I didn't like it as much as I usually like Mr. Patterson's books. I did happen to read it in one evening - it was a quick read (ha, no pun intended!) Definitely a good beach book (even though I wasn't on the beach when I read it!)

I have finished all my summer books at this point. Except for Margaret George's Helen of Troy, a book I had begun to read a in July but put aside to finish up the Harry Potter books. I just forgot to pick it back up before I read the two I mention above. It's a good book so far. Historical fiction is a favorite genre of mine and this one is kinda interesting as the first quarter or so of the book has Helen's mother, Leda, appearing a lot. It's kinda fun reading a book when the character you named your daughter after appears occasionally! So, I will attempt to finish Helen of Troy before the summer ends and then I need to start looking around and seeing what is out there that I haven't read yet!

Oh, and of course, about three billion Dora the Explorer and her Cousin Diego books have been read this summer - over and over and over again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better