First Song Recited

Leda surprised me (and caused me to get a little veclemped - and yes, this would be the second post in a row that I have used the word veclemped!) this weekend.

Yesterday, as we were sitting outside on the patio, playing with markers (washable, thank goodness!) and paper, Leda was holding them high up above her head, and I said, "are they way up in the sky?" And she replied, "way up in the sky!"

Next, she did something she's never done before, and I almost didn't catch it. She started to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

"Up in the sky,
Twinkle Star,
How wonder you are"

I asked her to repeat it - okay, and it's not perfect, but man, did my heart just soar. She was singing! Sorta, there really wasn't much of a melody! But it was beautiful none-the-less.

She may not win a real Grammy, but she wins my heart over and over every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!