Our little Miner Bird

Last night while I was on the phone with my boss, Leda unscrewed the knob from the light swtich on the table lamp. She handed it to me and announced, "I broke it, Mommy" so proudly, I almost cried!

As I was trying to put it back on the light, while still speaking with my boss and attempting to keep the child from getting in my way and NOT blinding myself by the light (oh, good Bruce song!) since she had unscrewed it WHILE THE LIGHT WAS ON, I said to her (jokingly*), "Ima gonna beat your butt" while laughing (pretty much because my boss on the other line was laughing at me).

Leda stopped and looked at me and said, in all seriousness, "No butt beat, Mommy."

I laughed and gave her a big hug and told her "Not today!" ;-)

*NOTE: I would never beat my child - just wanted to announce that in case anyone would think to report me to child services! If you want something to report us for, come over to our house around 5 in the evening when our child is begging us for her "beer!" (juice box - containing actual juice - the kid, she thinks it beer!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!