Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's May - I'm a One Lap widow again!

Well, Leda and I are on our own for awhile - Brock has headed off to Cannonball headquarters to prepare with his dad for this year's One Lap (starts this Saturday). So I am on my own with a two year old. That may not sound scary to you, but it scares the heck out of me!

Nah, I'm fine. I figure by the weekend I'll have figured out the routine and by Monday, Leda will figure out a way to screw it up - it will be a blast!

No, really, so far, we are okay - could be better if I wasn't contemplating changing doctors. Let me tell you a story...

I love my doctor. No, really, I LOVE my doctor. He's the best doctor in the whole wide world. Not lying. I've been seeing my doctor since I was about knee-high to a grasshopper - I remember this guy when he didn't have a gray hair on his head! I remember thinking way back when that he'd make a good step-dad for me and my sister! He liked my Mom, my mom liked him - too bad he was happily married!

When I knew I was pregnant, I went to him to confirm it! I asked him THAT DAY if he would take on my child and he said absolutely! This is a doctor who is unlike doctors of today - he spends time with his patients. He listens to you. He takes the time to discuss things with you. He is usually running late because he spends TIME with his patients.

This, my friends, is where the problem lies.

Having to wait once in a while for the doc is fine. I can handle it once in a while. But the last three times I have taken Leda in to see him, I've had to wait AT LEAST AN HOUR before being called back into the exam room to wait at least another 20 to 30 minutes before the doctor came in. I think the first time I had to wait an hour, I actually had to reschedule because I had to get back to work. The last time I took Leda in, I waited 1 hour and 45 minutes before I went back to an exam room.

It's getting ridiculous.

I had an 1:30 appt today for Leda's 2 year wellness check. We got there at 1:30 on the dot and were promptly told that the doctor was running at least a half hour behind. I knew I would be rescheduling this appt at that moment. That is NOT a good sign when they tell you how late he's running! 2:30, I am back up at the desk reshuffling with the Nurse Practitioner for the end of the month!

I've already asked around and will be making some calls tomorrow to see if I can get an appt with another doctor. I am very wary of this - I don't want to change docs but I can't spend that much time waiting, especially with a two year old, who, by the way, was on excellent behavior - of course, it was nap time too, so she was pretty tired! I wasted almost three hours today shuttling Leda from daycare to the doc and back again without accomplishing anything much less seeing the doctor!

So, the start to One Lap widowhood is off to a ROARing start. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Dude - did you see Dancing last night?? My poor Apolo didn't do so good with the judges. I am hoping that he really didn't need that one vote I gave to Layla (because I want to see the last two be her and Apolo!).

Can't wait for tonight's show - Meatloaf is on! Woo Hoo! Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to catch it all!

Voyages in Parenthood © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.