Nor'Easters Suck!

The past weekend I was in Boston for training for work. Up at a god-awful hour on Friday morning to catch a 6:30 am flight to Boston sucked. What sucked worse was the thought that I might be stuck in Boston depending on what the freaking weather was going to produce on Sunday.

The weekend was a long weekend of training. Friday night the group (about 25 people) did head into town for an AWESOME Italian dinner. But the combination of getting up really early on Friday morning, an evening of good food and a glass or two of wine and having to get up early for an 8am start of training made for me being REALLY tired on Saturday night. A few of us headed out to a steak house for dinner and I was in bed by 8:30 on Saturday night.

Sunday was interesting. Training again started at 8am, but breaks consisted of trying to figure out if our 5:30pm flight was gonna actually happen or not! One person (one our our trainers) found out his flight was completely cancelled. About 10:30 or so, we found out our flight was cancelled, so a rental car was procured and training for us ended at noon when we headed to the rental car place and hopped in a car for the 7+ hour ride home.

The ride home was not too bad, considering it NEVER stopped raining and it was always pretty darn heavy. If we had left later than noon, we more than likely wouldn't have made it home when we did (around 9pm - after we had to go to the airport to pick up my boss's car and drop off the rental). The roads weren't too bad, one road was washed out on the other side and probably would have washed out our side in about a half hour after we passed through. Connecticut was a bog - any area of land at the bottom of a hill was a lake or river. It was truly amazing. I don't think I have seen that much water in a really long time!

Anyway, I didn't get home in time to see Leda before bed, which sucked, because I missed her terribly. The last time I had seen her was Thursday night when I put her to bed. This morning I finally got to see her and I swear she grew an inch and is speaking French!

The storm didn't do us to bad - we had some snow this morning, but otherwise, we were unscathed. I am so happy to see it go away - here's hoping we get some warm spring weather in behind it in the next week or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better