le Tour

I do like bike racing. Yes, I got interested because of Lance. But I am still paying attention this year. Maybe not as much as I did in the past two years or so (I SO love OLN! I used to spend most of my day at work over the past many years hitting refresh on the website so I could see what was happening! At least the past couple of years I have been able to ignore it (yeah, right) at work and go home and watch the replay in the evening!)

I am really disappointed for Bobby Julich. It sucks to be out the way he had to withdraw. I am equally excited for Floyd Landis...practically a home-town boy, having come from Lancaster, PA, not an hour and a half from here. I am hoping he can pull it out and win it! I'm rooting for him and George Hincapie - two guys who helped Lance in recent years deserve a chance at the title.

It is disappointing, though, that Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso got themselves thrown out of the tour for doping. I would root for USA, but these two really gave Lance a run for his money in the past couple of years...it would have been nice to see one of them win this year...too bad they felt the need to cheat.

I hate biking, so it's kinda funny I like bike racing. I think I got hooked when I started going to the CoresState race in Philly like 15 years ago (which isn't called the CoresState anymore, since that bank no longer exists)...my friend Beth's mother used to work for the bank and would get us tickets to the CoreState employee tent, so we would head down for the day. It was a blast. I was there when Lance Armstrong won and I've been a fan ever since.

Anyway, it's really interesting - it's a wide open race now, with the top contenders out for doping and the guy who dominated the race for years retired. We'll have to see how Floyd and George do! I'll be rooting for em! If you have OLN, take a peek...even if you can't stand the racing, the French countryside is really beautiful to watch go by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better