How could I forget??

One of the most important tidbits from our vacation - how could I forget??

I did 100% better this year on our vacation! I.read.a.book! Did you get that? A Book. One Book. It's not exactly on par with my 9 books in one week, but it sure beat last year when I took 5 but only read NONE! Heck, ONE BOOK didn't even get cracked open last year. This year...I actually FINISHED one whole book.

I did crack open the second book. But only got about 4 chapters in. I finished it on Saturday and Sunday at home, so technically, it doesn't count.

In fact, the book I read this past weekend at home would be the THIRD book in the past three weeks that I have read. Yes, I said THIRD book. That means, I have found time in my Leda-laden life to read books - finally!

And, I recommend two of the three...

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini - what a great book. Very disturbing story, but a really good book. Offers a little insight into the world of Afghanistan.

Sideways by Rex Pickett - Yes, the book that the movie (which, I also recommend) was based on. Interesting look at relationships from a man's point of view. Also, interesting look at wine! The book I read down the shore.

The third book was The Husband by Dean Koontz. Not sure about this one yet. Just finished it and, although it kept my interest all the way through, it really kinda ended abruptly for me. And, parts of it were a little confusing. So, I am not sure I liked it enough to recommend it.

Anyway - one book! Maybe next year I will be able to read TWO books! At least I have found the time to read again (and the interest to read again...I think I may have been in one of my non-reading lulls as well as just not having the time!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

So looking forward to a four day weekend!