Single Parenthood

Only two days in (actually, Brock left yesterday morning) to a two week single parenthood and I am exhausted! Of course, that could be because Leda's been a bit clingly with me as of late (like three weeks! Geez!) and won't let me do anything without trying to hang from my pants until I pick her up...nope, that can't be it...it must have been the bath I had to give her tonight, by myself. Nope, can't be that...must be the talking in her sleep at 4 and 5 o'clock in the morning. Yes, I do believe the kid, she takes after her daddy and talks in her sleep!

I heard her babbling away in her room around 5 (a whole HOUR before my alarm was to go off) and I lay there praying for her to go back to sleep...she babbled on and off for the next two hours. I figured, around 6:30 I could jump in the shower and she'd be okay. Not a peep out of her...about 5 minutes after I got out of the shower, I heard her babble again. I went in not a whole 5 minutes later and the kid, she was passed out cold...I swear, she was babbling away in her sleep! How crazy!

Anyway, we are on our own for the next two weeks. We have lots of plans...planting the garden, building our patio fountain, going for lots of walks, finding lots of interesting ways to make Leda eat veggies!

We had our visit with the doc on Monday (our one year visit) and he pronounced her a very healthy one year old girl - with long legs! She's in the 75th percentile for height and weight - really, what does that mean, anyway? She's 29.5 inches and 22.4 pounds. And both Baby and Mama did very well when the nurse gave the two shots...baby cried for about two seconds!

Latest pictures...Hopefully I will have time to do some updates in the next couple of days!

First Spagetti DinnerWe think she liked it!
Sitting in her chairHanging out in the chair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better