Blankie...

It appears that the daughter may take after the mother!

Today, when we were in Leda's room, with Leda on the floor, Leda reached between the rungs of her crib and grabbed her blanket...the one we use to cover her up at night and during naps...and carried it out of her room and into the rest of the house.

She played with her blanket for an hour or two, on and off, until her next nap.

It's a mint green blanket. It's the softest, squishiest, most comfy blanket* we received for Leda from one of the many people who gave us gifts during my shower. I almost kept it for myself! It's got a silky border and it is really a lovely blanket, and SO warm.

It's almost exactly like the blankie I had when I was a baby - except it's green and mine was pink and Leda's is a little more fluffier than mine.

Yes, I had a blankie...I had a blankie that I STILL have! And yes, I carried the darn thing for YEARS!

Of course, I sucked my thumb. Leda doesn't! At least she doesn't yet! She does love her binkie, but we only allow her to have it in her crib at night and during naps. Or on special occasions like plane trips or her first day of day care.

I wonder if this is the start of something! It was awfully cute. I did take a picture, but with the 35mm, because the digital's battery died JUST AS I TRIED TO TAKE THE PICTURE! Don't it always happen like that? And, then, the 35mm also died!

Of course, it could just be that she's got a cold and she's not feeling completely herself...she's really cuddly and clingly these days!

*This applies only to the store bought blankets...the hand made blankets are in a class all their own! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!