Sick again?

Well, I've been a bit under the weather since the day after Christmas - just a cold, but having not been sick for almost 3 years, I feel miserable - so it was just a matter of time before the kid came down with it.

Last night was miserable! (Except for Penn State winning...sorry Uncle Kurt! ;-) I did stay up and watched the whole game, all three OTs, too, and turned off the lights at 1am. At 2am, Leda started fussing and she fussed every half hour or so until 4:30 or so when she just flat out started screaming. We couldn't calm her down. We checked for a temp and she was fine, but boy, was she not happy. We did give her a little Tylenol and a bottle - figuring, if it was a sore throat, like my cold started, the warm formula might help her feel better. It did, for a little while. She slept for another half hour and woke up screaming again. This time, Motrin and another bottle - we knew she wasn't too bad, because she was eating like a champ, but she just wouldn't calm down. It was horrible.

Well, around 7, Brock took her downstairs and I went back to bed after calling into work...I figured, I'd get a couple hours and run in for the afternoon. Leda was fine. She ate a full breakfast, she played, she laughed, she acted as if nothing had happened. Then, she took the longest morning nap she's taken in quite some time! (yeah, well, you would too if you had been up since 2!) My boss actually called and told me to stay home, but I did run in to grab my computer so I could do a little work when I had some time.

We aren't sure what the deal was. She has a very low grade temp this evening (100 degrees) but that might be because she's tired. We thought that maybe her throat was getting dry in the night time due to her breathing through it rather than her runny nose, so we bought a humidifier to see if that helps. We'll try just about anything at this point to get a good night's sleep (for her and for us!)

Anyway, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come...I hope she's not getting really sick and it's just a little cold. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underground

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

June will be better