Ch-ch-ch-Changes...

Our little girl, she is a changing!

It's amazing, for the first 7 months, she's changed gradually - I mean, there's been big milestones, such as teeth (oh, did I tell ya, she's up to 7 now - it's peeking through!), and being able to sit up and all, but she's starting to look different. Her face is much more expressive (and it's always been expressive). She's growing a little more hair (I still think it might be 2007 before we need to give the kid a hair cut). She's looking a little more, grown up.

She's discovered her tongue! Yes, we get lalalas now (yeah, I know, dada ain't far away...what is with these kids that they can't say mama first???? huh??? ingrates! ;-) But not only is she using it in speech, she tends to show it to us more than she used to. Not really sticking it out, but shes constantly opening her mouth and sticking the tongue forward...kinda like she's experimenting with it, trying to figure out what to do with it. It's really kinda cute! I don't know if it's this new discovery that makes her seem a little more grown up or not.

Last night, we had issues going to bed! We had a trip to Costco after dinner and Leda was wonderful! When we got home, she got to play for about a half hour before it was bed time at 8. We had our bottle and I lay her in bed and left the room (after saying goodnight of course!) Usually the bottle makes her sleepy, but I knew that we were going to have some issues because she didn't get sleepy!

She kinda russled around in bed for about 20 minutes, then the first crys started. They got louder, there was screaming involved. It was pretty comical, if it weren't so frustrating and horrible! They were angry screams and crys, so I tried not to go in to comfort her (because, then, they get louder and meaner!) She tends to cry and then stop, like she's listening to find out if we are going to come get her or not. If she crys for more than a few minutes, I tend to go in, stick binky back in and cover her up and walk out again - sorta our version of "cry it out."

Last night, when I went in, she was sitting up in bed, crying. I was shocked...this was the first time that we knew of that she had sat up in bed! Still, I didn't do anything but lay her back down, stick binky in, say good night, cover her up and walk out.

Long story short...it wasn't until about 9:30 that she finally gave up (after twice I went in and picked her up to calm her...I'm a sucker!) and fell asleep. She usually is such a great kid to put to sleep, I just don't know what caused this.

Hopefully, the crying thing isn't a change that is sticking with us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better