Weekend update...

We had a good weekend. It was beautiful here, sunny and on the side of more warm than cold (in the 60s).

We didn't do a whole lot. Brock worked on Sat in Philly, so Leda and I went down to have lunch with him. An old friend, Stan Peters, was working with Brock on Saturday, so, thus the reason we went down. We had invited him to dinner, but he was heading home on Sat night (he lives in NC). So, Leda got to meet Stan. I think she liked him! ;-) And, later, when she's older and can sit in the front seat, we'll let Stan take her for a ride in a race car, just like he did for me (of course, I was like 20 when I went for my first ride in a race car - actually, I think, if I remember correctly, Gene R. (I will mutilate his last name if I try to spell it as it sounds, so, we'll just go with Gene R.) took me for my first ride in a race car...Gene went MUCH faster than Stan, AND ignored the rules and took me down the ENTIRE front straight at Summit Point...That's not a knock on Stan...Stan had a slower car, I believe - and he didn't ignore the rules...but BOY did I have fun ignoring the rules...last time I actually looked at the speedometer before I closed my eyes real tight, it said something like 135mph! WOOOOO HOOOO! I got out of the car and ran to get a ride with Stan!)

We had a nice visit - they were down at the sports complex area, so Leda got her first gander at Citizen's Bank Park and the Linc! She even wore her Eagles Jacket down there! (it used to be Paige's!) There were a lot of nice people who were in Brock's class....a lot of them came over asking if they could hold Leda and commenting that she was real cute (of course) and she had pretty eyes (well, sure!)

We headed home for Leda's lunch and she and I played and then she took a nap...when she awoke from her nap, Daddy was already home, so Mommy went shopping! By herself! Wooo Hooo! Of course, I went shopping for baby food and area rugs...so not much fun, but still!

On Sunday, we had our "stay in pjs" morning and when Leda woke up from her morning nap, we all went outside to prep the garden for the winter! Leda supervised from her Jeep and Brock and I did all the hard work! We had a nice time hanging out in the sun and enjoying the nice weather - probably the last bit of good weather we might get until spring, so gotta get out and enjoy it. After lunch, Leda went down for an extra long nap (2 1/2 hours...she really got tired out there supervising us!) and woke up sorta whiny! So, we had to deal with a whiny kid until bedtime (and, yes, bedtime came a little early yesterday!) For the most part she was okay, but she had her moments, usually when she wasn't getting her own way! Yeah, go figure! Wonder where she got that from!

We did get a new sound this weekend, "A-Gee." Usually we have "ba-ba-ba," now we have that and "A-Gee." And, a very loud, high-pitched scream! Of course, now that we have the new sound, we say it ALL.THE.TIME! Can't wait for the next consonant!

It was a pretty low key weekend. That's good, because this week will be spent getting the house in order and packing so we can leave for Portland, Oregon on Saturday! And, a little stressing out for Mommy, thinking about taking a plane ride and taking Leda with her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!