It's the Great Pumpkin, Leda

Yesterday, the family (sans dog - unfortunately, no dogs allowed) went out to Linvilla Orchards for a day of reminiscing and pumpkin picking!

My grandmother used to take us to Linvilla (hundreds of) years ago and I wanted to start a little tradition of our own for Halloween - The go-out-to-the-orchard-and-pick-out-a-pumpkin-that-Daddy-will-carve-and-pay-twice-as-much-for-it-as-we-would-at-the-supermarket-but-it-will-be-fun-to-see-all-the-pumpkins-and-stuff-and-listen-to-Mommy-wonder-why-it-isn't-exactly-like-it-was-when-she-was-a-kid tradition.

Linvilla changed a bit since I was a kid - there were HUNDREDS of people out there yesterday - it was crazy! And, the great big octagonal building that we used to go into to get the fresh farm/orchard stuff (all I can remember, for some reason, was the Linvilla honey that we used to ALWAYS get when we went there) is no longer there! It must have burned or something*, because it is gone - thus, I had a horrible time trying to get my bearings! It wasn't until we were leaving and driving by the place where the building used to be that I saw the old stone walls of the ruins of the building and I knew exactly where I was - of course, I was in the car and going away from the orchard at that time!

Anyway, we had fun...Brock got a pumpkin to carve for the Shier's Halloween party this weekend and we got a little pumpkin for Leda that Daddy will carve into something fun for her!
Leda in the pumpkin patch
Leda in the pumpkin patch
Chillin' in the pumpkin patch
Leda in the pumpkin patch

After we picked our pumpkins, we stopped by to see Granddad and Fay Teal. We had lunch and played for a little bit - Granddad took lots of pictures - and we watched the start of the race, then we had to go - Leda was due for a nap and we don't want to screw with nap time!

When Leda arose from her nap, the Eagles blocked a Charger's field goal and ran it in for a touchdown! The afternoon was saved - so we called Abby and wished her a Happy Birthday - She's Three! Wow! And, she got a new bike! ;-)

Now, if only I can be assured that while I am at work, Daddy isn't showing Leda HOW to carve the pumpkin! ;-)

*As I was looking for links to Linvilla...I found that the big octagonal building I was searching for DID burn down - in 2002. Apparently they are going to rebuild it, but haven't started yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

So looking forward to a four day weekend!