It's time for that weekend update!

I promise, I am totally thinking of ways to make the posts on this blog less boring and more exciting. I mean, reading about our weekends can't be that much fun! Even I find them a bit boring, and I was the one having the fun over the weekend! How bad can that be?

So this will be brief...Brock and I did make it out for the evening on Friday all by ourselves. This after much pleading from the offspring that she should be allowed to come with us, that we are a family and we should DO EVERYTHING TOGETHER! PLLLLLEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE??? As soon as Caitlyn (the babysitter) arrived, she forgot she had parents..."oh, are you two still here? When are you leaving?"

We had a wonderful dinner at the Black Lab in town (I highly recommend - food has always been excellent. Oh, and if you are gonna get yourselves a bottle of wine, may I suggest the 2005 Clos Du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon - it was really good!) After dinner we took a walk around town since it was a nice enough night and it was a bit early to go to our movie - stopped off for a beer at the new pub in town, P.J. Ryan's, and a purchase or two at the EarthMart store.

Off to the movie theater we went to see Burn After Reading, which, I have to say, was pretty darn good! It is amazing how unattractive two very attractive men can be when they play complete idiots! George Clooney and Brad Pitt were very good. And I kinda dig Frances McDormand - in a totally platonic way, of course! I thought she was hysterical in Fargo and she didn't disappoint in this movie at all! I would highly recommend the movie, but watch out - the F-bomb drops A LOT!

Saturday was a hang around the house and do nothing day. It was beautiful out, but it was a day of rest after a long week. We did go out and rent movies and get Chinese food for dinner. We watched Pete's Dragon with Leda before she headed off to bed and I introduced Brock to The Big Chill, one of my all time favorites. What was a bit scary was I think I totally remember seeing Pete's Dragon in the movie theater, like when I was NINE! Scary! Leda thought it was pretty great! We spent Sunday cleaning and watching NASCAR and Eagles Football! WOO HOO! Go Eagles!

So that was our weekend. Not sure what is in store for this weekend, and I am sure I'll catch you up next week, but I hope I also come out of this writer's block and come up with some other material to liven the place up around here! Beware, when I get like this, I start re-arranging furniture, so don't be surprised if things start to look a little different as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Opinions and Trusting the Process

Underground

June will be better